Monday, December 29, 2008

The year in review

2008 has been a whirlwind year. I know pretty much everyone will agree with me on this, as a child we think that the years tick by so slowly, then as we get older they tend to travel in a pretty normal time. Now that we are adults all we can think is , wow where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were still trying to remember to date our check with 2008. In just 2 short days we will be in the year 2009.

What has the past year brought to my small family? Well in March or April I found out I was going to be an aunt. Also in March Jake and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary.

In May I started bloging, played in my first roller derby bout, and hit a deer.

In June the inaugural season for the Stateline Divas concluded.

In July we found out one of our teammates was heading to Denver and wished her well, only to be left with a feeling of betrayal a few months later when she joined a rival league to spend her last few months in Illinios with. We understood her reasons for doing so, it just didn't make the hurt any easier to deal with.

In August Jake and I traveld to Iowa. The first real motorcycle trip we have taken since moving up here in 2002. We went with my aunt and uncle their friends and our neighbors. We had a great time away from home on the road and look forward to more trips in the future.

In August My roller derby team also started the process of reinventing ourselves with new skaters and a new board of directors.

In October my constant search for a new job was given a boost of urgency with the announcement that my company was going to be relocating to Florida.

November and December came and brought with them falling gas prices, a historical presidential election, a new niece named Lyndi, well as another Illinois govenor arrested on corruption charges. Another revelation brought to me in December was the fact that in just 5 short months I will mark the 15 year anniversary of my high school graduation.

Well that is all that I can honestly remember about 2008, though I am sure there were more events that will come to me later.

No comments: