Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Luck, Smuck!

I swear, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Sunday morning, very early Sunday morning I was driving home from staking with a few friends. We were having some really heavy winds and of course a snow storm. I was doing fine, driving down a road that only had one lane open, huge snow drifts the size of my car were in the other lane. I wasn't going fast, but I kept enough speed so my little Accent would not get stuck halfway through one of the drifts. I was just topping a rise when I saw ahead of me a car in the ditch and a squad car on the road with it's lights on. I took my foot off the accelerator, didn't even touch the break. Apparently the loss of momentum was all the evil snow drifts were waiting for. The next drift I hit I bounced off of instead of plowing through. I ended up in the ditch as well, only looking the way I had just came.

It wasn't as bad as it sounds. I was only a foot or so off the road, I got out of the car and cleared a path for my front tires and was able to drive back out onto the road. I got out of the car and took stock. I had what appeared to be a softball sized dent in the front driver's side quarter panel, low, between the wheel well and the door. No biggie, but the door is a bit hard to open. When I get home and look at the damage in the day light it still doesn't look to bad, but every time I open the door it catches on the fender. After opening the door for 3 days it is really bad. I can now only open my door half way and the dent has gotten much worse. Now I have to call the insurance company. I really hate calling the insurance company, that just means I am going to have another bill and be without my car.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

three words... Mr. Hot. Pepper.

DD Hunter said...

Already thinking about him ;)