Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Disappointment

This past weekend we rented the latest Narnia flick Prince Caspian I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I really enjoyed the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. I watched that and even though I knew the directors had to cut a lot out I didn't really feel it as I watched. Sad to say I could really tell that much of the story for Prince Caspian ended up on the cutting room floor. More than likely even before the movie started filming.

Just the other day I was discussing books made in to movies with a friend, we commented on how much we enjoyed the first two Harry Potter flicks and how they were so true to the stories. The first movie was so captivating it inspired me to purchase all of the books. As the third move premiered, with a different director behind the camera I started to loose my excitement. Much of the story was being left untold.

I can say the same thing about Twilight. I went to see the movie and now I want to read the series, not only because it was recommended to me by someone who follows the same authors as I, but because I want to know exactly what it is that wasn't being portrayed in the movie.

Unfortunately after the first Narnia movie I bought and tried to start reading the whole story, but it was so dry and long winded I just couldn't muddle through it.

No comments: