Saturday, January 17, 2009

Normal temps today?

After almost a week of sub-zero temps, Northern Illinois is finally seeing what could be called normal temperatures again. With the air temp in the twenties I went out this afternoon and attempted to once again start my car. The little bugger started up on the first try. While this makes me very happy because I am no longer house bound it angers me that I had to miss out on 8 hours of work on Friday. While normally I would have no problems taking a day off work, it makes me mad that now because my car hasn't started since Wednesday morning I had to pour extra money into it to replace my frozen battery and I lost out on 18 hours of pay.

I just hope I will be able to put in some make up hours this coming week. As much as I hate my job, I do need the money. Oh, and on another note, I have decided, against my better judgment to go ahead and apply for a correctional officer position to work along side the husband. I have no idea if I will be able to pass the physical tests, but it pays almost double what I make now and they are hiring. Wish me luck.

No comments: