Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sinking Ships

My roller derby team has been on vacation since our last bout. We were informed that our League VP was going to be moving to Denver. We all wished her well we knew she was bettering her lot in life. Shortly after we found out our newly elected athletic director quit and joined another league. Then the President resigned, now our secretary has decided to leave for the other league as well.

I know they said it wasn't personal, they had to do what they felt was the best for them, but I am sorry I feel as though my team and I are being abandoned. I never thought I would feel this way about my derby sisters, but, only the rats abandon a sinking ship. The captain and crew repair the holes and start the bilge pump. Then again maybe the bilge pump has already been started.

I am sorry this seems very bitter, I really have no explanation other than this all seemed to come out of the blue, and with 3 out of the 4 girls going back to the team that turned it's backs on them... it just makes me wonder...

No comments: