Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Randomness, it's all good.

Most of you know I work customer service for a magazine fulfillment company. From time to time I pick up an issue to browse. Just to see what all the fuss is about, just to try and see into the minds of our customers. I do this so I can learn why the delivery of an issue is a matter of life or death.

Today I found a copy of a publication entitled The Onion. Now when I was working emails I would get quite a few complaints in regards to the ads this publication would occasionally run. Like a good little worker, I dutifully forwarded the offensive ad to the publisher, who stated,

"We at the Onion try to offend everyone equally, said subscriber did not complain about the same type of ad depicting the catholic faith."

The ad was a picture of Sheba (Hindu goddess with multiple arms) She had a phone handset in each had with the caption reading "Thank you for calling customer service, please hold while we die of some illness I can't remember." My first thought while reading this ad was...oh, that's wrong, funny, but wrong. So when I came across an actual paper, I couldn't pass it up.

Here was the lead story Al Gore Places Infant Son in Rocket to Escape Dying Planet. I hope you find it as funny as I did. If it weren't for the fact that this paper is out of my price range, I would seriously think about subscribing, and actually reading it.

No comments: