Friday, October 10, 2008

Gone

Well, I hadn't really realized I had been gone so long. Nothing really has been going on and I have felt kinda blah when it came to writing. Anyways, I guess I will get you caught up on my life for the past 2 weeks.

Work, Derby practice, work, more practice and yup, you guessed it, more work. The sad thing is, after all that work, I don't see any increase in my bank balance. The good news though is the fresh meat for our derby team are skating wonderfully!

We have a few minimum requirements that each skater must meet. Two of them are speed and endurance tests. Well last Thursday and this past Tuesday we did our time trials to see where everyone was and to give everyone goals to work for as the season progresses. One of the tests we have is to do 5 laps on the track in under 1 minute. I think almost everyone passed the one or two who didn't were not far off the mark. The second test was for endurance, 20 laps in under 5 minutes. Again on this one almost everyone passed and I don't think anyone went over the 5 min, 20 sec mark. I am so excited. Not only is our team coming together skating wise but they are also understanding the game a lot faster than we thought. To be bouting by the end of Dec early Jan is no longer just a glimmer of hope on the horizon...I can actually see it, it is with in reach!

No comments: