Thursday, September 25, 2008

The joys of the job seeker.

Alright, so today I went to the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) and retrieved my user name and password so I could update my employment profile and start getting down to really searching for a new job. While there I check out the current local job postings and pick up application information.

When I get home, log on to the IDES website, update the sight with the last 3 years worth of information. I hit Search for jobs.... only one match pops up, security officer. You have got to be kidding me! Three years of office work, with daily computer operation and switchboard skills and the only job I match up to is security officer?!? Sorry, been there done that, got the lousy t-shirt.

Argh! Oh well, I have a few leads that I am going to follow up on from the local office. Wish me good luck.

No comments: