Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Count Down Begins

It is 1 pm, the doors to the public will be opening in five hours.

I am sitting in front of my computer after rereading the WFTDA (Women's Flat Track Derby Association) Rules.

I have eaten very little today, my stomach is full of butterflies. I had to force myself to eat a banana and half of a sandwich so I will have at least something to fuel my body.

Last night was spent at Redneck B Yotch's house going over bout video and eating pasta. I slept well but my internal alarm went off at eight this morning and I couldn't find the snooze button.

I am extremely nervous. In six hours I will take the track with my team and forever be known as DD Hunter, not only to my teammates, but also to our fans.

In seven and a half hours I will forever and always be able to state without hesitation, "I AM A DERBY DIVA!!"


Photobucket

No comments: