Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tiny sparks of insanity...I mean inspiration

I have been involved since 2004 with a small group of people I met over the internet. We all have one thing in common, we are all big fans of Anne McCaffrey's Dragon Riders of Pern. We have come together on line to live on this wonderful planet with the magical beasts that were genetically altered to save the planet from the ravages of an organism whose only purpose is to consume anything and everything organic.

dragon riders of pern

In these worlds each of us creates a character, or in most cases characters. I have had over four years now interacting with complete strangers, who I now consider friends. I have watched as one friend went from high school freshman, to Valedictorian of her senior class.

Through the years not only have we grown as people our characters have developed into real personalities. Is it insane to say I have several voices in my head yelling at me to tell their story? Worse yet, am I a complete failure as a writer to say that my characters would be totally one dimensional without the other characters to interact with? I just want to take this small space to thank all the people who interact with my imagination on what is supposed to be a daily basis, but due to real life has been a hit and miss kind of thing lately.

No comments: