Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Call of Nature (part 1)

This was originally written on April 12th.

Today while I stood outside, waiting for my ride to practice to pick me up I heard a bird call. The call was different from your usual crows, or sparrows. I scanned the trees in the neighbors yard and I spotted a pair of Falcons.



I was stunned. I was also happy because I have started carrying my camera every where I go. I was able to get 2 shots before they flew away.



I considered myself very lucky to have been able to see such a rare bird. Yes I live in a very small town of 1500 people, but with all the wooded areas around You would figure these two magnificent creatures would find a more secluded spot to build a nest. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I see one of the Falcons flying over my head with a small branch in it's mouth. It landed in one of the oak trees in my yard!



This is going to be a great spring, this is the first year they are nesting here and I hope they manage to hatch and continue to return every year in the future.

No comments: