Monday, February 2, 2009

Passion

Isn't it wonderful that the internet can bring family members together across hundreds of miles?

Recently an uncle of mine started his own blog, in his most recent update he posed the question, "What are you passionate about?"

I have spent the weekend pondering this question. It was rather interesting the times it would pop into my head. The way he describes passion leaves me feeling quite shallow, it makes me wonder why do I get up in the morning?

While I have many things in my life that I do, many people whom I love and support I am really not passionate about much.

At first I thought this was going to be an easier question, but the more I thought it over the harder it was to see a clear answer. I was going to answer my Roller Derby team is what I am passionate bout, but due to the economy I may have to give up the team. If I am unable to find a new job quickly the one thing I do for myself will have to fall by the side of the road. It would be hard to do, but I could live without it.

Then I thought of my husband, I do not know what I would do without him, but he is not what defines me, he is not the reason I get up every morning. After all is said and done, I have discovered there is really no one person, place or thing I am passionate about. I get up every morning because it is my hope that one day I will be givinn a reason to get up. I guess I am passionate about the fact that somewhere along this road, there has to be something better.

3 comments:

Matt and Bethany said...

I completely agree about bringing family together. It has been forever since I have spoken with some of the people whose blogs I read daily now. It is so great to hear from you!

Gary 'PreacherMan' Ginter said...

Talk about things that make you go...hmmmmm? I totally agree with you about this websites bringing family together. What's even more amazing is the friends who are NOT family that you meet along the way.

As far as your journey goes, all I can say is keep your eyes and ears open as you travel this road we call life. You just never know who you will meet along the way, or the experiences you will share. :-)

Jenny said...

The thought of you not being here during this season terrifies me. You are an anchor of the team and a prime player. I just don't know how we could play without you.