Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall

This is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather, the colors of the leaves are changing, and the apple orchard is open. I can't wait. One of my fondest memories as a child is going to the apple orchard with my family. We would go and pick our own have fresh apple cider and just have a great time outside. Well we have been lucky to find a really nice place close to us and Jake and I go every year with his mom and Bob. We go and wander around the store tasting dip samples eating apple cider doughnuts, drinking hot apple cider. Then we go to the barrels and pick up a couple of bags of apples. Not exactly the way I remember it, but it works. This year though I have conspired to bring back at least a little of that memory and hopefully I can create a new one for our god-children. In a couple of weeks our friends from the Quad Cities will be making a day trip up and we are going to take them to the orchard. We are going to pet goats, taste dip samples, eat apple cider doughnuts, pick a pumpkin or two and hopefully, just maybe, we will take a trip into the trees themselves and bring home a few apples of our choosing.

No comments: