Friday, September 4, 2009

Always running, but getting no where

Hello everyone, I hate to say it again, but I am sorry I have been away so long.

We have been running in all different directions lately and at the same time it seems as if we have done nothing.

Since Aug 3rd, (the date of my last post) Jake has had his knee surgery and has started physical therapy. I have been continuing my own therapy for both my hand and my knee. I have been given permission from my doctor to start skating again, though I have not yet been released to start my fall drills. I am glad to be back on skates, but I feel as if I am starting over from the beginning. I have not yet been able to participate in a full practice and I hate myself for it. I feel as if I am letting my team down. I am one of the veteran skaters on our league and I can not even set the right example for the newbies. The only thing I have going for me is the fact that even though I have not been able to skate, I have made more practices as a retired/injured skater than a lot of our active and bouting skaters.

Last weekend my Divas hosted the last home bout of our 2009 season and now we start the training for our last away game against the formidable Chicago Outfit's B team. I won't be skating, but will be available to do stats or whatever the girls need me to do.

Two weeks before, Aug 15th, our local ALR chapter hosted our first ever car and bike show. Jake and I got up and were down at the Forreston grade school before 6am to start the set up. A great time was had by all, we learned a lot and hope to be able to do it again next year.

On a more personal note, the job hunt is still going, and we are fighting with Jake's retirement for the disability pay that they approved over 3 weeks ago. One can only hope something starts falling into place for us soon.

No comments: