Monday, March 23, 2009

What a Weekend!

First of all I want to say a big thank you to the Fox Cityz Foxz. They hosted a wonderful night of derby action.

There were 4 teams playing Saturday night The Pushy Possie, The Paper Dolls, the Rollergirl Regiment (all 3 from the host league) and the Stateline Divas.

We played in a double header, where the Pushy Possie and the Paper Dolls played each other and we played the Rollergirl Regiment. The first two teams played a 20 minute period then we played. After a 10 or fifteen minute half time, the four teams came back to battle it out once more.

It was really great, the spacing out of the periods helped with keeping us fresh. I won't even pretend to remember the details of the games except to say there were some awesome jammers on all the teams, I have at least two bruises and I spent no time in the penalty box. I remember that the Paper dolls continued their undefeated status and the Divas won a very well matched game. The score was really tight through both periods with a final score 64 to 65. The final Jam was a nail biter we needed 3 points to tie and 4 to win. The Regiment lost their jammer to the penalty box giving us the advantage to get the job done.

As soon as I get pictures I will post a few.

No comments: