Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Really?

Today is election day 2010, a day when our publicly elected officials will find out if they have a job next year. I know this is going to sound really spiteful, and I do not blame any one politician or political group, but how does it feel, not knowing if you will have a job in the near future? For those that do not win re-election, now you truly will know how a great many of your constitutes feel.

But I digress, what I really wanted to know is, when was election day termed a holiday? I had to stop by the unemployment office today to drop off some paper work and when I arrived there was a large note taped to the door. "IDES Offices will be closed today 11/2/10 because of election day."
REALLY? luckily the paperwork I needed to drop off simply goes in a mail slot and I don't have to actually hand it to someone.

No comments: