Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gone

Another weekend has come and gone. I tried very hard to be lazy, but failed miserably. On Saturday I studied went grocery shopping and spent the afternoon making chili for Jake's work potluck. I wanted my chili to be somewhat healthy so along with regular chili beans (not kidneys, blech) I added garbanzo beans, hominy, and for color carrots. I thought it looked good and it tasted even better.

Apparently I was the only one who thought so. Hardly anyone ate it because of the carrots. Those that did said it was good, sweet with a kick that snuck up on you. One person even told me I should have served it over egg noodles because it was more like a stew than a chili. Oh-well.

Sunday I got up early and drove to Batavia, IL. I joined 3 of my new teammates as we helped a local ABATE chapter with their annual toy and food run. Toy runs are one thing I miss from Yuma, but they are not the same here. There is no tri-tip, they have burgers and brats instead. *shakes head* what are they thinking? Toy Runs should have either tri-tip or chorrizo and egg breakfasts, duh....

Oh well, it was a good time anyway, and the weather, beautiful, it was in the 80s all weekend, I drove around with the top down. I should have left the skates at home and taken the bike, maybe next year.

1 comment:

Mike Lyons said...

I would have eaten your chili, but you wouldn't let me. ;)